It was such a pleasure being invited to attend Oracle’s Modern CX conference this past week as a marketing influencer. I was really interested in understanding how the principles of customer service (CX) could be applied to helping B2B organizations align Sales and Marketing. The I also learned a ton from interviewing CX thought-leader – Shep Hyken. Be sure to check out our Facebook Live Interview where we discuss the conference, how CX has changed over the years, and his upcoming new book.
Below are a few of the many highlights that I gained from attending the conference:
- Marketing is active throughout the entire buyer’s journey and can do significant damage if they don’t truly understand the needs of the customer.
- Knowing you product’s purpose is critically important via David Beebe (Content Decoded)
- We must invest in strong analytics to understand what is happening with our customers
- Marketing should be a pipeline partner with Sales
- The top 4 questions Marketing needs to help Sales answer every morning
- Who should I talk to?
- What do I need to know about them and their organization to have impact?
- What products or solutions have they shown interest in?
- What content should I use to support this conversation?
- Marketing needs to provide data and context about leads to improve sales outcomes
- “Do what you can’t” via Casey Neistat (a little motivation for those they are determined as I to make alignment happen)
- Value creation unlocks customer Revenue(if you offering value to your customers, they will give you their money)
- CMOs are finally starting to hold revenue goals via Shashi Seth
- The MarTech 5000 is real and only growing!
- Marketing’s new mission is to create clarity amongst all the noise
As leaders, I hope we continue to connect with and learn from those that are outside of our direct line of sight as many times they have perspectives that spark a new way of thinking. Thank you Oracle for such an outstanding conference and opportunity to connect with passionate CX professionals.